Monday, January 23, 2012

A lesson from nature...



So I was out walking the other day with Kaira just kind of letting her explore the walking trail across the street from our apartment, and I noticed this one green tree standing there in the midst of a bunch of dormant ones, and it really got me thinking. I think this is kind of like how God wants us to live our lives - full of life and hope, growing and bearing fruit (or in this case leaves, since this wasn't a fruit tree) even if everyone around us is falling apart or living wickedly or just not doing anything at all. I think we are called to be deep-rooted in Christ and strong, to be a beacon of hope to those around us, who will see the life in us and notice the difference between us and the world, and will desire what we have and be drawn to Christ.

Just kind of something to think about. Food for thought, as they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment