Friday, January 27, 2012

Bring it to me

This is something I learned the other day from my almost-two-year-old, Kaira. It's amazing to me how God can use our children to teach us about ourselves, and about him. Kaira was sitting on the stairs playing with her manger toy from Christmas. She was trying to get it to play music, but it was turned off, so the music button wasn't working. She eventually got frustrated and threw the toy down the stairs. I immediately went over to her and told her "No, Kaira. You don't do that. Just bring it to me and I'll help you." Then I stopped. Suddenly it occurred to me that I do the exact same thing in my walk with God. I would try to do something on my own - something I couldn't figure out or couldn't manage - and instead of bringing it to God and asking for help, I would get frustrated or disappointed or angry. Often I would quit trying. Often I would just sit down and cry. But I can just imagine God watching me and saying "No, Stephanie. You don't do that. Just bring it to me and I'll help you."

So simple. So why does it seem so difficult?

No comments:

Post a Comment